Who we are
Senior Health Insurance Company of Pennsylvania or “SHIP” is dedicated to providing high-quality customer service coupled with accurate and timely claim processing for our policyholders. SHIP is owned by the Senior Health Care Oversight Trust, an independent trust governed by a highly experienced Board of Trustees.
We seek to make your experience with SHIP easy and pleasant - whether that involves a simple phone call or a complex claim. We are investing in new technology that will strengthen and enhance our ability to handle your claims accurately and on time. We are striving to ensure that your phone calls are answered quickly and accurately. Moreover, we are establishing simplified processes and forms to make submitting a claim for benefits or calling us on the phone easier.
We are committed to:
- Maintaining the highest level of ethics
- Ensuring that each customer is treated in a fair and professional manner
- Controlling internal operating expenses, carefully managing funds, and the full elimination of profit so that rates are needed only to pay and process claims and administer policies
- Serving our community and charitable organizations that help improve the lives of our customers
SHIP’s senior management team:
- Barry Staldine, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Duane L. Anderson, Chief Technology Officer
- Ginger S. Darrough, Chief Analytics Officer, Secretary
- Paul E. Lorentz, Chief Financial Officer, Director, Treasurer
- Kristine Rickard, General Counsel
- John Robison, Chief Investment Officer