About the Trust
Senior Health Insurance Company of Pennsylvania or “SHIP” is owned by the Senior Health Care Oversight Trust, an independent trust governed by a highly-experienced and distinguished Board of Trustees, who ensure that SHIP’s operations are conducted for the exclusive benefit of SHIP’s policyholders. The trust was created by the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance.
The Board of Trustees is comprised of:
- Julianne M. Bowler, former Commissioner of the Massachusetts Division of Insurance and Lead Trustee of the Oversight Trust
- Tom E. Hampton, former Commissioner of Insurance for the District of Columbia
- Cecil D. Bykerk, FSA, MAAA, FCA, Retired Chief Actuary, Mutual of Omaha
- John M. Morrison, former State Auditor and Commissioner of Insurance for the State of Montana
- Gregory V. Serio, Esq., former Superintendent of Insurance for the State of New York
The Oversight Trust and SHIP’s management exist for the exclusive purpose of meeting policyholder obligations. There is no corporate profit motive and no other corporate activities to distract the management team. All of the company’s resources and efforts are dedicated to servicing its long term care customers.